Vegan Chicken ala King
- Half a packet of Insta-Protein Plant Based Protein
- 1 Tbsp Amma’s Creamery Butter
- Half a white onion, chopped
- Half a green pepper, chopped
- Half a red pepper, chopped
- Half a yellow pepper, chopped
- 400g Brown mushrooms, chopped or diced
- 500ml Ok Ja (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 Tbsp mushroom stock or veggie stock
- Salt and pepper
- Cape Herb and Spice Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
Prep the insta-protein as per the packaging (by soaking boiling in water).
Melt the butter in a pan and add the chopped white onion and cook until soft, then add the peppers and mushrooms and cook further.
Stir in some flour (this helps to thicken the gravy) and add the milk (a little at a time) to make a sauce.
Add the insta-protein and let it simmer for a little bit.
Add salt, pepper and Caribbean Jerk seasoning to taste.
Serve with fluffy Jasmin rice & creamed spinach as an extra side of healthy veggies.
Creamed spinach and feta:
- Half a chopped white onion
- A bag of baby spinach
- Ok Ja milk
- Half a block of Violife vegan feta
- Tags: Easy Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Things